Re: [LAD] jcgui-0.4 initial release

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Dec 29 2009 - 09:51:30 EET

hermann wrote:
> Mostly you need to recalibrate the gain setting in jconv settings widget

Correct, this was the reason for not really getting reverb, but now
there's another problem. The sound is muddy.
I'm not able to get the sound as bright and clean as it is for the
attached configuration. I don't think it's because of the mono input, it
sounds like there would be bad EQ settings, but the EQ's for Jc_Gui are
set to 0. The signal tends to overdrive, it's not easy to keep the
balance between the jconvolver widget and the additional Jc_Gui mixer.
Anyway, LAD might be the wrong forum for this, I should join a user list
for solving this issue.

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Copyright (C) 2005-2007 Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
#
# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
# (at your option) any later version.
#
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
#
# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
# Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
#
# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
#
# Jconv demo configuration
# ------------------------
#
# The file 'chapel.wav' contains the reverb impulse response only,
# not the direct sound. The correct way to use this in e.g. Ardour
# is to use a post-fader send on the channels that need this reverb.
# This way you can use a single reverb for any number of tracks,
# and adjust the amount of reverb in function of the 'depth' or
# 'distance' of each track.
# The output can be connected directly to the Master module, or via
# a stereo bus if you want to control the return gain (which should
# not normally be necessary but can be handy).
#
# The required file 'chapel.wav' can be found at
#
# http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio/downloads/chapel.wav
#
#
# Replace by whatever required...
#
/cd /mnt/music/jconvolver
#
#
# in out partition maxsize
# -----------------------------------------------
/convolver/new 1 2 512 80000
#
#
# num port name connect to
# -----------------------------------------------
/input/name 1 Input
#
/output/name 1 Output.L
/output/name 2 Output.R
#
#
# in out gain delay offset length chan file
/impulse/read 1 1 0.5 0 0 0 1 chapel.wav
/impulse/read 1 2 0.5 0 0 0 2 chapel.wav