Re: [LAD] [ANN] aseqmm 0.2.0 released

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 29 2009 - 13:45:14 EET

On Tuesday, December 29, 2009, Dominic Sacré wrote:
> The simple fact is that for a project that does not use Qt anyway, it
> makes little to no sense to depend on aseqmm. Which is a pity because it
> seems very useful and well written :/

Thanks. I understand that if a project doesn't want to use Qt, it shouldn't
depend on aseqmm. This library is used only by me, and was created to provide
a solution for my own applications: KMetronome, KMidimon and KMid2. All of
them are KDE applications, which depend on Qt anyway.

If there are developers wanting a different set of frameworks, they are free
to write a different wrapper. Look for instance to the Redland RDF library
wrappers: redlandmm on one side, Soprano and Dataquay on the other. Oh, I
would like to be more skilled creating bright and imaginative names!

My intention releasing this library is not world domination, nor a name war.
I'm not in posession of the absolute truth, and I don't trust people
pretending such a thing. I will be glad if somebody finds it useful, and
constructive criticism is always welcome.

Regards,
Pedro