Re: [LAD] PortAudio experience

From: Stéphane Letz <letz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 12 2010 - 21:32:50 EET

> case. OTOH, stephane does have a trick in jack2 whereby you can make
> the app *become* the server, and then run the app, so to speak, as an
> internal client, so that there is no IPC overhead at all. i don't know
> if this works in windows.

Well the "trick" in question is that the code using the JACK API can be linked with "libjackserver.lib" instead of the normal "libjack.lib". Then the "jack_client_open" call will create an server internal client, instead of a separated process JACK based client.

This mecanism uses the "jackdrc" file on Linux or OSX to know what server parameters have to be used. I'm not sure this currently works on WIndows... Otherwise another way is to use the control API to completely control the server.

Stéphane