Re: [LAD] tschack ... early version of smp enabled jack1

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden-hochschule.de>
Date: Wed Jan 27 2010 - 22:46:43 EET

On 01/27/2010 09:28 PM, fons@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 09:02:39PM +0100, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>
>> but i'm
>> generally able to use much lower latencies down to 64 (or 128 in the
>> jack2 case), unless i use jconvolver, which forces me to go to at least
>> 1024 so as not to max out the cpu.
>
> That doesn't make much sense. You can instruct jconvolver
> to use a minimum period size that is larger than the one
> Jack* is running.

yes, i know, but this (from README.CONFIG) made me think twice:

> This command is always required and must be first one. All parameters
> are in decimal. The 'partition size' is the minumum partition size that
> will be used, and should be between 1 and 16 times the Jack period size.
> It will be adjusted (with a warning) otherwise. Processing delay will
> be zero if this is set to the Jack period size.

i read this as "otherwise processing delay will be variable, depending
on the jack period size". please correct me if i'm wrong.

the problem is that the initial delay of any reverb effect affects
mixing decisions a great deal, and i want to make sure it's not a
function of the jack period size....

best,

jörn