Re: [LAD] Anyone testing the new TerminatorX release?

From: Stefan Kost <ensonic@email-addr-hidden-obscura.de>
Date: Sun Feb 07 2010 - 18:28:50 EET

Am 01.02.2010 11:50, schrieb gerald mwangi:
> I'd rather suggest to use libmad for mp3's, since the old code did the
> same thing: Loading the files with external programs and piping them
> into tX.
> I wanted to get rid of that, cause it looks awfull in code. You can see
> it in audiofile.cpp. With sndfile and mad we have 2 libs for all common
> file types.
> Gerald

Gerald,

do you need the files decoded into memory? You could consider doing a gstreamer
based loader for the formats that are not covered by libsndfile? Then you can
load mp3, aac and heck what not (e.g. loading mod files or sid songs as well).

I have such code in buzztard and can point you where it is and how it works
(maybe offline discussion if people are not interested in the details).

Stefan