Re: [LAD] Trying to understand Jack Midi, (Arpage, Dino)

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 15 2010 - 18:35:38 EET

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 04:18:03PM +0000, james morris wrote:

> 1) Is there any way to improve Jack Midi timing when the audio driver has
> a high latency?

I don't think so. If you set the audio period size to
e.g. 4096, jack will call clients only every 85ms, and
midi gets delayed as well.

> 2) What is the reason the Alsa driver/Jack would not start when the
> settings give a big 170ms+ latency?

Probably because your soundcard doesn't have
such large buffers. Which is sort of reasonable.

> BTW, I'm doing this stuff so I can program with Jack Midi.

Nice, but why do you want such high latency ??

Ciao,

--
FA
O tu, che porte, correndo si ?