Re: [LAD] For your information

From: torbenh <torbenh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 21 2010 - 02:02:27 EET

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 12:13:33AM +0100, Nick Copeland wrote:

> Hi Fons,
>
> Both of these are your quotes from your last two email. These might
> have been directly to me however you chose to take it on to the list:
>
> > BTW, the code I referred to is a set of plugins, it is not part of AMS.
> >> Returning to 'cutting corners', my MoogVCF filter is also
> >> regarded as one of the best. It operates a described
> >> above - it cuts a lot of corners, and certainly does not
> >> accept audio rate control, even if the interface is at
> >> audio rate (as is everyhting in AMS for which it was
> >> written).As I just reponded to you directly, but as you seem to want to make this
> public for reasons that I truly don't understand, let me put this one back
> on the list.
>
> You did not write the MoogVCF filter for AMS. You may have adapted
> other peoples work, acknowledging that one thing, but let us be honest
> here, trying to take credit for their work is plagiarism.
>
> The code that you evidently did not write which was not a part of AMS
> (according to you) was a part of AMS (also according to you). So again,
> either you are a liar, or a self publicist, and either way, your claim to
> me that it was 'your MoogVCF' is plagiarism and that was part of my
> private email to you,

what are you trying to say ?
he said he wrote a ladspa plugin.
and he wrote it "for" ams, because it uses ams CV conventions for
frequency.
so the major usecase for this plugin is "being used in ams".

lets argue that people just stuck the schematic for a moog filter into a
bilinear transform and take the credit which belongs to mr. moog.
oh wait ... they all name the filter moog filter.