Re: [LAD] Can someone add 2 features to Kluppe?

From: Renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 15 2010 - 17:52:46 EET

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:24:03 +0300
Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Kluppe has custom loop points, reverse sample, normalize and very
> nice JACK handling. So I would want to use those features too.
> Also, I do not know how to programm an event spitter. Unfortunately (
>
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Harry Van Haaren
> <harryhaaren@email-addr-hiddenwrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > I think that you would be a lot better off using a sampler (like
> > Specimen.. :-)
> > and sending it MIDI commands when you want your sample triggered.
> >
> > This MIDI event spitter could be programmed in: Python, C++ Java,
> > Shell Script, etc etc
> >
> > Then connect your MIDI event spitter to the sampler, Voila... ;-)
> >
> > Or did I misunderstand you request?
> > -Harry
> >
> > Note that I dont discourage donating funds to the developers of
> > Kluppe or any GPL/ish softwares

Hello, have you tried sooperlooper? It's well maintained and it's very
flexible. Don't know if you could achieve the random thing someway, but
surely midi is fully supported.
For the random thing, I agree with Harry that the easiest, and most
logical way to go is to find/write something that sends out MIDI
randomly; if you have to learn a language just for this I think
supercollider or puredata would be the best bet.

renato