Re: [LAD] Freqtweak & gcc 4.4

From: Reuben Martin <reuben.m@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 19 2010 - 00:49:32 EET

Yo, back on Thursday 18 March 2010 Erik de Castro Lopo was all like:
> Reuben Martin wrote:
>
> > Has anybody been able to build freqtweak 0.7.2 using gcc 4.4.x recently?
>
> I'm just setting up a new machine (Debian testing/unstable) and yes,
> I got all sorts of compile failures.
>
> > There are some missing stdint.h includes, but beyond that there is some
> > loss of precision errors that are over my head.
>
> I didn't even get that far.

FTutils.hpp needs a "#include <stdint.h>" added to it. It's to do with changes made in gcc 4.4 to do with headers.

> Is anyone still maintaining this? If not, I might adopt it.

There really needs to be a "Linux Audio Hospice" website (Tag line: "...where cool audio projects go to die") to act as an upstream to keep track of patches from the various distros for projects that are popular but no longer maintained.

Fortunately Jesse Chappell (author of freqtweak) is still around, but not as active as he once was. Kinda happens when you get a real job and a life.

-Reuben