Re: [LAD] automation on Linux (modular approach)

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Mar 26 2010 - 17:49:09 EET

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 8:14 AM, <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 06:23:49AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
>>

>>> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 4:46 AM, Philipp <hollunder@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> not quite. it *can* do timestamping/scheduling. it doesn't have to,
>>> and a2jmidid doesn't use it that way.
>>>
>> What is the advantage of using the seq interface
>> if you don't use the scheduling ? (assuming you
>> only want to talk to the HW ports)

Paul,

could you add Fons jitter tests to JACK1 and who ever is responsible for
JACK2, could you add it to JACK2?
It would be good to have those tests as default tests on music live
media. So it would be very easy to test e.g. USB MIDI interfaces on
Windows computers of friends too. I guess this would be the only way to
have the apps guaranteed on music live media in the future. Imagine a
situation, somebody goes to buy an interface in a music store. Perhaps
they would allow somebody they know to use a live media on a computer of
the store. For now I'll solve this by storing his apps on an USB stick.

Ralf