Re: [LAD] successive note on midi events

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Apr 14 2010 - 06:12:08 EEST

fons@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 11:12:57PM +0100, James Morris wrote:
>

>> Percussion sounds by any chance?
>>
>> For instance, to simulate _not_ removing your hand when striking a bongo etc?

There are two ways to do this, by using different sounds or by using
layers for one sound, but this will result in something that isn't as
good as a real instrument would be. But e.g. the European factory ROM's
Harp sound for the first DX7 could be controlled by the sustain pedal.
It doesn't cause sustain but worked as a damper. So a solution isn't to
deal with missing note off events, but to have very complex envelops
that can be effected by CC.

> Anyone having a nice tabla emulation via MIDI ?
>
> Ciao,

Hahaha, no, such kind of percussion does sound good for the demos, just
for the demo rhythm and when doing your own song, it doesn't work any
more. But I know a drummer having modern Roland equipment, for this
equipment there are some possibilities, that might enable a "nice tabla
emulation".

I'll send your request Bcc to him.