[LAD] resampling with sp/dif

From: Conrad Berhörster <conrad.berhoerster@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 19 2010 - 13:38:35 EEST

Hello,

i want to grab some external sources (cdplayer) with jack. i run a jack
instance with 48000 Hz and it works perfectly with my cd player and ardour.
but if i take a cheaper cdplayer, the signal will only be came in with 44100,
because there seems no resample and sync between the master (soundcard) and
slave (cheapoCD) . so, the signal will always being played to slow. i found a
workaround with a small external box, which resamples the incoming signal
before it get into the soundcard.

Since a while, i think about a software solution, which puzzles me a bit. if i
doing the process without the external resampler, what must be done with the
signal.
If the original source is 44100 Hz, the incoming signal is 48000 (because of
jack). if i try to resample it, the current buffer get shorter, because the
signal need to be decreased.
How can a correct resampling process be done?

Thanks c~