Re: [LAD] General question: Components of Music Software

From: Renato Budinich <rennabh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 27 2010 - 16:07:50 EEST

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:34 AM, rosea.grammostola <
rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 09:52 +0200, Jeremy wrote:
> > On 04/26/2010 09:08 PM, Louigi Verona wrote:
> > > Jorn! Thanks, very informative answer.
> > >
> > > What can you say about stuff like this:
> > >
> > > 1. vocoder
> > > 2. grnulizer
> > > 3. slicer (when a file is sliced into pieces)
> >
> > Hello Louigi,
> >
> > Smasher: http://smasher.sourceforge.net
> > Or a good ole tracker like MilkyTracker for even more finer grained
> control.
> >
> > > 4. beat matching
> >
> > That's still missing, a good FLOSS beat matching app or library. At
> > least, I haven't come across one yet.
>
> Is beat matching different then beat slicing?
>
> aubiocut
> http://tardigrade-inc.com/index.php/En/Software
> rhythm ferret in Ardour (or what is it's name)?
> Freecycle
> SuperCollider?

any ideas/suggestions regarding how to use these or something similar for
real time beat slicing? I.e., I record some loops in say sooperlooper; while
they're playing, I slice them up and maybe rearrange the slices, add effects
etc, and then I redirect this "rearranged" loop where I want - for example
again in sooperlooper, replacing or overdubbing the original loop.

I know it's definitely possible in supercollider, but as I am still
beginning to learn it (and it seems it will be quite a long journey), I was
wondering about a quicker/user-friendlier way of doing it

cheers
Renato