Re: [LAD] General question: Components of Music Software

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 27 2010 - 16:26:58 EEST

Well, Smasher is easy to use. Its biggest problem is that it is not
JACKified.

I looked at Tranches. It is not really a beat slicer in how people
understand a beat slicer on Windows and Mac OS, it is more a loop trigger.
I played with it, but honestly, I do not understand how to use it or why
would I want to. Maybe I should spend more time working with it to
understand.

To me a beat slicer is something into which you load a sound file, it
analyzes it, divides it into portions and then those get mapped on the
keyboard as notes and you can play them as midi. I really miss that kind of
an application on Linux. Smasher seems to be it, at least it looks very
similar, but it is, as stated above, not JACKified.