Re: [LAD] General question: Components of Music Software

From: Harry Van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 27 2010 - 21:23:04 EEST

Hey,

Some of the parameters of granulation:
> - grain length (1 -100ms, but this )
> - grain envelope (the envelope of each single grain, e.g. triangle,
> trapezoid, gaussian etc.)
> - grain density (can be measured or described in different ways but it's
> the number of grains played in a certain amount of time, the more the grains
> the 'denser' the sound)
> etc.

Sorry I should have phrased that differently. If your grains are less than
20ms in length,
then the ear will not detect a pitch, but hear a sonic "event". Hence grains
can be as big as
you want, but if you need to be entirely sure that there's no original audio
left percievable, > 20ms.

Thanks for the clarification though..! -Harry