Re: [LAD] A small article about tools for electronic musicians

From: Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 28 2010 - 21:00:03 EEST

This is one of my fav. mixes to pass by my ears in a long time... minimal
but funky, sloppy&loose with a groove like they did back in the day... a
good sampling of leading-edge "minimal house" stuff, (aka it has a 4/4
beat).... it's a very "old school" (not Schönberg oldschool!) sound, yet
well evolved past the TB303 ...

http://www.residentadvisor.net/podcast-episode.aspx?id=201 (get it before
they remove the audio from the archive)

A mix from the artist currently known as "19.454.18.5.25.5.18" (containing
at least two, and probably three of his own Horizontal Ground tracks), who's
technique is:

> Working on tracks... Shaping hi-hats and bleeps, playing it till it
> grooves. No arrangement, just playing.

tracklist:
http://www.residentadvisor.net/forum-read.aspx?id=98246&page=6#p206

ob-linux -- what it looks like to a trainspodder:
http://nielsmayer.com/ts-episode-timeline.png
http://nielsmayer.com/ts-episode-evnt-anls.png

-- Niels.
http://nielsmayer.com