Re: [LAD] A small article about tools for electronic musicians

From: Tim E. Real <termtech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 29 2010 - 01:05:22 EEST

On April 28, 2010 08:37:14 am Renato wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:17:51 +0400
>
> Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > Hey guys!
> >
> > Read it here:
> > http://www.louigiverona.ru/?page=projects&s=writings&t=linux&a=linux_elec
> >tronic
> >
> > Any comments are welcome.
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > L.V.
>
> Just two comments:
>
> 1) yes, rakarrack *does* rock - incredible sounds you can get from that
> creature (for anyone interested, git version has many more goodies
> than last release)
I agree. Louigi seems to be as excited about it as I was when I found it.
A rack effects that 'just works' and looks nice.
Take it from a demanding axe player - it's good.
Distortion/overdrive defines our sound, and rakarrack shines here
 with many types of drive to suit everyone.

Just a request: Would be awesome as a DSSI plugin so that we
 don't have to use rakarrack in a 'send and return' loop within our apps,
 which causes latency due to the round trip...
Tim.