Re: [LAD] JACK Graph Internal Latency? (was Re: A small article ...)

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Apr 29 2010 - 16:13:08 EEST

Louigi Verona wrote:
> "you can swap qtractor for ardour, or anything else for that matter
> and the
> latency will be exactly the same systematic. a client can only process the
> results of its own outputs or sends in the _next_ process cycle."
>
> Ha! Rui, that makes sense. Now I think I get it. Indeed.
>
> I wonder if there is an easy way to compensate for this after the
> recording took place.
>
> Louigi.

Move the clip by drag'n'drop with the mouse, e.g. with the grid set to
Beat/96 a little bit to the left for the time line. Double-click on an
audio track to open the clip window, there you can edit the offset of
the clip, unfortunately negative values are impossible, at least for my
still outdated 0.4.5.1529, latest trunk is on 0.4.5.1557.