Re: [LAD] Looking for an introduction to rt programming with a gui

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Thu May 20 2010 - 23:12:14 EEST

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Olivier Guilyardi <list@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Qt is really great. I also highly recommend that you look at Qt Creator which is
> included in the SDK. Although I'm a long time Vim user, I really found this IDE
> to be extremely simple and efficient.

Being a long time Vim user is probably _why_ you found it to be so efficient ...

... now if you were an Emacs user, that'd be another matter ...

Anyway, aside from Qt (which I also use and endorse) it might be worth
looking at JUCE (http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juce.php) and NUI
(http://www.libnui.net/). I've never tried either myself but JUCE is
quite widely used for audio applications, including by some Linux
developers. Never really heard anything first-hand about NUI, but it
has a natty website at least.

Chris