[LAD] jackd and jackdbus interaction.

From: Mike Cookson <cook60020tmp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 24 2010 - 15:24:21 EEST

Hello. I have installed jackdbus to have working ladish. If I start jackdbus (by "jack_control start" or ladish), legacy jack applications works. But if starting call produced by libjack applications, dbus apps don't see server.

If server already started, it should be right for dbus to check first, wether server already runing via libjack and connect to them instead to try start own server to no end.
Otherwise (IMHO, should be even more simple), also possible for libjack client functions to work always through dbus.

The source of problem is PulseAudio, which I hoped to work only with JACK. I am trying to solve problem with startup script, which kills jackd and starts jackdbus before pulse restarts.