Re: [LAD] Looking for an introduction to rt programming with a gui

From: Olivier Guilyardi <list@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 25 2010 - 14:16:06 EEST

On 05/25/2010 07:24 AM, torbenh wrote:
> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 11:37:32PM +0200, Olivier Guilyardi wrote:

[...]

>> That makes me think that the development environment can really completely
>> change the way you perceive a language or framework. There must be something to
>> do for C lovers too, be it in Eclipse or not. Maybe that's Eclim, or a lot of
>> Vim scripting (patching ?) that awaits me ;-)
>
> eclim does a lint upon every :w
> you instantly get marks to errors.
> it pretty much does all the error hiliting that eclipse does too.
> its basically just a different frontend to eclipse.
>
> eclipse is running inside a nailgun server and vim communicates with
> it via nailgun invocations.
>
> it will probably work similarly if you use eclipse cdt.
> but i prefer to have a real buildsystem with C++
> and then eclipse doesnt know about your c files.

That's a problem.

But vim (7.2) omni completion may be the way to go for C:

:help ft-c-omni

"When using CTRL-X CTRL-O after something that has "." or "->" Vim will attempt
to recognize the type of the variable and figure out what members it has.
This means only members valid for the variable will be listed."

That needs investigation.

Thanks for all ideas and resources :-)

--
  Olivier