Re: [LAD] A little quiz about audio measurements...

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat May 29 2010 - 01:33:05 EEST

Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> [...]

Really OT, but maybe anyway interesting, regarding to a German Wiki,
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netzfrequenz:

Because of magnetostriction of the ferrite core, the sound of
transformer stations is at 100 Hz. Dunno if this is the same for
transformer in our power supplies too.

The load of the public power supply will change the frequency in Western
Europe < 0,2 Hz. When there was a blackout at 11/04/2006 the frequency
change like this:
http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:Netzfrequenz_20061104_Area_1.jpg&filetimestamp=20061112123742

Regarding to the German Wiki http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unterfrequenz
all power stations need to disconnect at 47.5 Hz. At 49.8 Hz there is an
alert.

We should assume that the frequency in Western Europe is solid 50.19 to
49.81 ;).