Re: [LAD] SConstruct for building minicomputer with fltk versions 1 + 2 in simultaneous existence

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 01 2010 - 21:01:06 EEST

Excerpts from James Morris's message of 2010-06-01 01:51:23 +0200:
> Hi,
>
> The MiniComputer softsynth has problems building on many distros when
> fltk-1.x is installed alongside fltk2, and/or the #include directories
> don't match where MiniComputer expects them to be and so the build fails
> at the configuration stage.
>
> In an effort to fix this quite long standing problem, I've adapted the
> SConstruct to use fltk-config and pkg-config to solve these problems.
>
> If you have problems building MiniComputer replace the SConstruct that
> comes with MiniComputer with the following file (obviously rename it to
> SConstruct first):
>
> http://jwm-art.net/art/text/MiniComputer_SConstruct
>
> It works for me on Gentoo (using accept keyword ~amd64).
>
> I posted here because:
>
> 1) I saw similar questions without answers on the list in the past.
>
> 2) I've spent several hours getting this to work so people might benefit
> from it.
>
> 3) I'm a python/scons newbie and hope that those of you with better
> knowledge can check it for problems (I've only got this to work by using
> Google, trial, and error).
>
> Cheers,
> James.

Hey.
I don't seem to have this problem here.
On this page you can find the buildscript in use. It needs some updating
but I did that locally and it seems to work fine.

Minicomputer makes some of the weirdest sounds I've heard so far :)

--
Regards,
Philipp