Re: [LAD] meta issue tracker idea

From: Geoff Beasley <geoff@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 06 2010 - 01:33:22 EEST

On 06/06/2010 04:58 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> I like this idea and I can see a place for it at Linuxaudio.org. A
> centralised feature/bug/infrastructure tracker.
>
> I think the hardest part will be to isolate the most important information
> and present it in a very obvious way. This could easily get left high and
> dry by making the system too complex for the info that is being
> aggregated.
>
> A way to start the system could be to collate the info using rss feeds
> from the various bug trackers that are already in use.

linuxaudio.org would indeed be a good place for such a tracker, and it
is indeed a good idea but for the issue of 'updatedness' ie; it would
need quite some effort to remain up-to-date and therefore relevant and
useful.If it slipped behind it could in fact have the opposite effect.
who would be prepared to undertake such a burden? it would need to be
completely automated as the amount of info could be quite substantial
quite quickly... seems to me the devil is in the detail.

g.