Re: [LAD] mailing-list problems - was: axonlib (last one)

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 20:34:11 EEST

On 06/08/2010 05:11 PM, ccernn wrote:
> sorry...
> no 'reply' butttons (thunderbird)

Thunderbird 3.0.4 has reply-to-all and reply-to-list buttons.
They are displayed by default. Maybe you've 'customized' them away?

> or any other link (list archives)

The top-most (aka first) link in the email-archive is a 'mailto:' URL
which opens a window to send a reply to the list. It does not cite the
message but it includes the in-reply-to header.

eg.
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-dev/2010-June/027951.html

> i tried has worked so far, so i give up.
> i don't have the patience for these things...
> at least i tried..

There are a few thousand subscribers to this list which have no problem
at using the "reply to all" or "reply to list" button or shortcut.

Sorry to hear that you're running into problems. I wonder why our
list-admin (CCed) has not yet replied to this - probably because the
Subject is misleading - If you're interested why the default reply does
not go to the list, read: http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

It looks like you just claimed the: "You're the 10000th subscriber and
win the reply-to-list problem" award (-:

> i just wanted to let you know that there's something new out there, that
> some of you might find interesting, that's all...

Thanks for sharing.

Once you're over the initial email-list frustration, you may want to
announce it on http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-announce
Doing so should be easier: LAA is a one-way email-list: no replies and
it would help to gain publicity for axonlib. There's quite a few
news-feeds, packagers and software indexers/archivers watching there.

> if there's any questions, ask in our discussion group instead
> (http://groups.google.com/group/axonlib), or email me directly...
> or in the discussion thread over at kvr-audio
> (http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=288888)
> - ccernn

Cheers!
robin

PS. there are various 3rd Party services that allow to post to this
email-list using just a web-browser. Some even look like a web-forum:
eg. http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.linux.audio.devel