Re: [LAD] mailing-list problems - was: axonlib (last one)

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 22:07:38 EEST

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 7:21 PM, ccernn <cern.th.skei@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> hmmm, i have a reply, and a reply-to-all, but no reply-to-list

Reply-to-all will work, then.

Some people get cross if you reply-to-all to one of their list
messages, because that means they may get two copies of your reply --
one to them directly and one via the list. That does depend on their
mailer or mail server though, because the two have identical message
IDs and so can be handled correctly if their client is up to it. (I'm
using reply-to-all now, so you'll soon find out if your client copes.
If you're using gmail, I think it will, and you will get only a single
copy of this.)

So: reply-to-list is better if you have it, but if you don't, use reply-to-all.

Chris