Re: [LAD] two reasons for jack2 .. and the problems with it.

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 09 2010 - 04:26:55 EEST

Hi again,

All right, Rui was (yet again) very quick on the uptake and qjackctl
0.3.6.24 is out. I managed to get a system where JACK sessions not only
survive system suspend/resume cycles but also qjackctl does. YAY.

It still required quite a bit of scripting to remember port-connections
and setup-parameters.. but the myjackctl.sh script that came to be for
that purpose also allows to switch jackdmp-backends in one go (otherwise
it'd be a few successive jack_control commands).

I've collected the scripts and a small HowTo at
http://rg42.org/wiki/jack2contol

have fun,
robin

PS. So far it's only tested on a single machine.. once there's some
feedback, a setup-script or package is the next step.