Re: [LAD] A question about LV2 audio

From: Luis Garrido <luisgarrido@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 18 2010 - 11:04:20 EEST

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> When using an LV2 synth within a sequencer, I was told that the host has no
> way to access audio which is produced by the plugin so such a basic thing as
> rendering your whole project to wav appears to be impossible.

This is obviously absurd. The host provides the plugin with a buffer
so the plugin can process it. The host then continues processing the
plugin data (thus accessing it) until it ultimately ends up delivering
it to the audio card driver, normally by means of an audio server like
alsa, pulse or jack.

Rendering to a file is perfectly possible within any plugin standard,
you just need a _host_ that dumps that data to a file instead of to an
audio server.