Re: [LAD] GPL and plugins

From: Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 21 2010 - 23:45:50 EEST

That's easy to answer: it's usable producing a file as output. It
won't have means to play this file, for which it uses the plugin.
It could potentially use different plugins of the same architecture to
do the same thing. In fact, that's what is being done:
the non-free plugin gets the boot and a free one is used instead.

I guess this is not a decision for me. I can say what I will do,
explain the caveats and provide the software, if the customer agrees
to have it like that.
I think I have enough information now to pass on to whoever needs to
decide.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Victor