Re: [LAD] [LAA] gst123-0.1.2

From: Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 07 2010 - 04:08:23 EEST

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Question: is there a way to disable checking for pulseaudio for each
> new file when specifying multiple media files. e.g.: "gst123 *.ogg" ?
> For example: do it once at application startup, or even better, a way
> to prevent it from happening all-together via environment variable,
> configuration, etc. Best would be some kind of environmental check so
> that the timeout on socket needn't occur.The timeout significantly
> slows down operation of the program even when not issuing ^C's.

Answering own question:

The search for audio devices is bypassed by setting the -a
commandline parameter to the ALSA device one wants to use. I wrapped
it in a script to use w/ emacs' dired, etc.:

#!/bin/sh
args="`/bin/ls -d $*`"
exec gst123 -a alsa=mythcd $args >/dev/null &

-- Niels
http://nielsmayer.com