Re: [LAD] Routing signals in mixer (Ardour, Qtractor)

From: Jeremy <jeremybubs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 12 2010 - 23:12:22 EEST

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > What if you want to use MIDI control as your "side chain" (
>
> just for the record, ardour3 in SVN can now do this. i'm not
> suggesting that anyone actually try it out yet, though, and anyway, i
> know of no plugins that can do this at present.
>
> the only limitation on mixed midi/audio signal flow in ardour 3.0 will
> be that there is only 1 datatype *leaving* a track. mixed inputs and
> mixed data within a track (or bus)'s processing flow are fine.
>
> --p

Just a note: the Autotalent LV2 port can do this. The only issue is that
it *does* have 2 data types leaving. When you say that it is a
"limitation", I am unsure whether it is a "discard all but one track"
limitation, or a "crash instantly" limitation. I think about a week ago I
tried to add the Autotalent LV2 plugin to Ardour SVN and it crashed (I added
it to a single audio track). I'm not sure if: you've added functionality
since then, I was doing it wrong, or the issue is that it has two output
datatypes.

Jeremy