Re: [LAD] Tests directly routing pc's midi-in to midi-out (was: Re: ALSA MIDI latency test results are far away from reality)

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Jul 15 2010 - 00:54:35 EEST

On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 23:43 +0200, fons@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:28:54PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > Or it was at 4 ms = +- 2ms or something like that. This is a delay that
> > isn't audible for day-today-day audio events, but it can brake a groove
> > easily.
>
> You keep repeating this, but so far I haven't seen a shred
> of verifyable evidence to support this claim.
>
> Ciao,

I could record audio for kick, snare, hi hat and bass one after the
other and mix it to one rhythm group and additionally I could record all
instruments at the same time and send the recordings to you and you
could do the same by yourself. It's also hard to say, if there isn't
more jitter, but 4 ms. At what point starts the attack of a signal
within the ambient noise level?

At least I could record FluidSynth DSSI in unison played to the Alesis
D4 by using different -p values. I'm sure everybody would be able to
here the problem.

'Ears made of gold' (a German idiom) aren't needed to hear it.

- Ralf