Re: [LAD] Tests directly routing pc's midi-in to midi-out (was: Re: ALSA MIDI latency test results are far away from reality)

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 16 2010 - 14:02:23 EEST

On Friday 16 July 2010 06:06:02 Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> It's impossible to do neutral measurements and from a democratically
> worldview listening to recordings without dynamic is the winner.

My personal take is that I would prefer different mixes for different uses.
When out walking on dangerous streets with my earphones in I have to keep the
volume low if I hope to hear road noise. A mix with wide dynamic range ends
with me not hearing the quiet passages as cars pass but hearing a mix of car
and recording in the loud passages.

So I might want a mix with little dynamic range for this situation. I need to
make some and see if it works out better.

all the best,

drew