Re: [LAD] Can someone add 2 features to Kluppe?

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 20 2010 - 02:45:47 EEST

On 07/20/2010 01:06 AM, Louigi Verona wrote:

> Hey guys!
>
> Some time ago I have asked someone to look into Kluppe and add a couple of
> features.
> My request was not ignored and Patrick Shirkey was kind enough to volunteer
> to try to help.
>
> However, he came upon a difficulty and that is - *how do you set up an
> asynchronous timer in C?*

It depends what you need that timer for.

In gtk there's a g_timeout_add(). easy to use.

To writing your own:
`apropos pthread` and more specifically `man pthread_create`.

usleep() sleeps at least, and select() sleeps at most a certain period
of time. http://freej.dyne.org/codedoc/fps_8cpp_source.html line 132ff
has examples of both.
For [more] accurate timing: RTC or HPET. Example code comes
with the kernel:
 linux-2.6/Documentation/rtc.txt
 linux-2.6/Documentation/hpet.txt

There's a couple of other options fi. if you want to sync
hardware-devices using IRQs.. and the jack_process_callback is also very
good timer :)

--
Robin Gareus                           mail: robin@email-addr-hidden
site: http://gareus.org/               chat: xmpp:rgareus@email-addr-hidden