Re: [LAD] Attenuation of sounds in 3D space

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 22 2010 - 00:10:35 EEST

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:
> @ nonsense and bullshit, where are the examples that it works?
>
> There is no valid recording with more than 1 or 2 channels, regarding to
> a natural impression. Some art projects that didn't try to give a
> natural impression are something very, very different.
>
> Most audio engineers still fail regarding to stereo and mono issues. I
> wonder about the geniuses who are able to do 5.1 and all the other
> stuff.
>
> Please post links to the geniuses work, but call me names.

ralf, you simply don't have any idea what you're talking about, unless
you try to limit your comments to commercially released material. you
made no indication that you intended to use this limitation.

people have been recording with/for ambisonics for nearly 40 years
now. recording with multiple microphones (including things like the
eigenmike http://www.mhacoustics.com/mh_acoustics/Eigenmike_microphone_array.html
which by itself makes your point null and void) is common enough that
sound on sound has articles on it.