Re: [LAD] Attenuation of sounds in 3D space

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Jul 22 2010 - 14:44:42 EEST

On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 17:45 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> if that won't work for you, then perhaps you might want to visit any
> of the theaters outfitted by these guys:
> http://www.iosono-sound.com/references/installations/

The nearest to Oberhausen is http://www.odysseum.de/, unfortunately it's
expensive to get from Oberhausen to Köln, but it might be feasible to
get there. If the 3D sound system should be good, I fear that still the
kind of production isn't something that will be able to demonstrate it,
http://www.odysseum.de/id-3d-filme.html?! Reputable would be the
Hochschule für Musik Detmold, but it's to far away for my purse and
perhaps it won't be easy for a guest to be allowed to listen to a
performance, because it's a school.

The picture to the quote „The best listening position is where I sit in
a live performance. With IOSONO you can put the entire audience in my
lap.“ Herbie Hancock, doesn't look like 5.1 or something similar:
http://www.iosono-sound.com/common/files/header/home1_tresor.jpg

System requirements
Operating System:
Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows 7
Host application:
Steinberg`s Nuendo 4 (Nuendo dongle required)
Processor:
Dual Core 2.4 Ghz
Graphic board:
Open-GL support recommended
Sound card:
6 Output Channels or more recommended
Display:
Resolution 1280 x 1024 Px, Dual Display recommended

I'm interested to listen to a performance.

Cheers!

Ralf