Re: [LAD] twice as loud

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 23 2010 - 10:37:30 EEST

Hi,

On Thursday 22 July 2010 23:53:14 Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> Excerpts from fons's message of 2010-07-22 23:24:24 +0200:
> > We all agree on what 'red' means. Because we have learned
> > the meaning of that word by association. But do we 'see'
> > the same thing ? AFAIK, that is impossible to verify.
> This however is a thing I did wonder about. The general question of
> whether perception is the same for every human, whether colors are the
> same and so on. It most likely is hard to impossible to verify, but I
> have to assume it is at least similar. It's a very nice question for
> sure.

The problem is that if you 'ask' people to describe what they see and feel,
they all use the same words and meaning because they where taught since
childhood.

I think one way to 'verify' is to let people express their reception of
something in an artistic way. Be it words in literature or colors and shapes
in arts or melodies in music.
Only problem is that you have to interpret that again;-)

Have fun,

Arnold