Re: [LAD] A question about LV2 audio

From: JohnLM <johnlm@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 27 2010 - 16:54:14 EEST

On 2010.07.27. 9:50, Mike Cookson wrote:
> I just read this question, processing tons of collected mails from all three lists.
> Sorry for naivety or that I am trying to be cute, but in this case host should be unable also to output sound from LV2 plugins. IMHO, any plugin, being a part of some host, can only give it data and receive them from it.
>
> Check me.

Well, LADSPA (and afaik, LV2 also) plugins are made to exchange data
between the any host indiscriminately. They don't care where data comes
from (besides memory location) and they don't care what is done after
data is given back to host.

Since there are host software for various purposes, it is their problem
to output data in one way or another.

You can of course write "output plugin", but it kind of beats the
purpose. Since host must be aware of these "output plugins" they are not
"indiscriminate" to host and they "care" what happens to data.

Regards,
JohnLM