Re: [LAD] Can someone add 2 features to Kluppe?

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 27 2010 - 18:08:50 EEST

Thanks for those. They are pretty much what I was looking for. Don't know
why but that info was really hard for me to locate via google when I last
looked.

> If you have the inclination you can see where I got to with this code
> because I have uploaded a new version here:
>
> http://djcj.org/code/kluppe-0.6.14-playbackdelay-v2.tar.bz2
>
> The core mod is in src/common/looperdata.c:1355
>
> Basic operation is to create a new track, import a buffer file, load the
> buffer, set the playback delay to > 0 and press play. When it gets to the
> end of the loop range it will stop for the number of seconds in the playback
> delay spinbox.
>
> It's now at least partially working. Needs some finetuning with multiple
> tracks but at least that annoying buzz has gone and the ui stays responsive.
> I'll spend some more time on it in the next few days no doubt. But if anyone
> else feels like giving it a tweak then be my guest. I'm sure Louigi will be
> keen to test out any improvements.

Hey Patrick!
Just compiled this latest version. Unfortunately, I couldn't really get this
to work yet.

First off, I still get the buzz when the delay does work. If I route audio
from individual looper outs, the buzz is there too if you just hit Pause.

Second, the delay function worked only a couple of times - the rest of the
time changing its value from 0 to whatever did not create any delay. Times
that it did work it paused all the loops with a buzz. One time kluppe
crashed when the playhead reached the end of the loop, but I could not
reproduce it later.

By the way, is it possible to delay a custom loop? I mean, is delay applied
only to the end of the file or when the end loop point is reached?

Anyway, always ready to test the new version!

Cheers!
L.V.