Re: [LAD] Document on using Jack Apps

From: Arvind Venkatasubramanian <mdu.arvind@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 02 2010 - 06:06:36 EEST

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 10:55 PM, Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 10:46 PM, Arvind Venkatasubramanian
> <mdu.arvind@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > 2072.829 frames 43.184 ms Inv
>
> you have used a setting that produces 2048 frames of "software
> latency", and your soundcard signal path (A/D etc) adds an additional
> 24 frames of latency for the output->input pathway (likely 12 frames
> on the output path and 12 on the input, though this can't really be
> measured precisely).
>
> > The program does not seem to recognize the changes I made in the GUI
> > parameters settings.
>
> qjackctl does not have any effect on the settings unless you *also*
> stop & start JACK. this will stop jdelay too.

Thanks for reply. This is exactly the problem that I want to solve. My
system latency cannot exceed 10 ms. Therefore, I need to fine tune the
settings to a point where I can get this done without any Xrun interrupts.
 2048 frames of Jdelay latency + sound card delay contributes to greater
delay, which I do not desire. Should I then change my sound card? Does it
make a big difference? I am using HDA Intel ALC880 Analog sound card.

Everytime I changed the qJACKctl parameter settings, I "DID" stop Jackd,
quited Jack, quited Jdelay and restarted again. Therefore, I am not sure if
I am committing any fault.
I am looking forward to hearing.

Thx,
-F