Re: [LAD] Document on using Jack Apps

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 02 2010 - 11:23:57 EEST

On Sun, Aug 01, 2010 at 11:06:36PM -0400, Arvind Venkatasubramanian wrote:

> Everytime I changed the qJACKctl parameter settings, I "DID" stop Jackd,
> quited Jack,

What do you mean by 'quited Jack' ? Are you running jackd in a terminal ?
Then Qjackctl's settings will not affect it. Just use the Start/Stop
buttons in Qjackctl.

Also check your sound card mixer. Make sure you don't loop back the input
to output there. And use Jaaa to check the input signal - it could be
clipping. You should see 7 frequencies, the strongest at FS/16, and the
six others at lower level and frequency (or just compare the the output
of Jdelay).

10 ms latency at 8 khz will be difficult, just a good antialising
filter will produce something like that. No problem at 48 kHz.

Ciao,

--
FA
There are three of them, and Alleline.