Re: [LAD] [LAU] mudita24 1.02 -- improved envy24control mixer/router for ice1712-based sound-cards

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 13 2010 - 01:14:07 EEST

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:13:26PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> PFL is to level the input, so it's before everything, but the trim.
> Solo is behind everything.

On most mixers that do have PFL (it's useful for broadcast and PA
only), the PFL is at the input of the fader. You hear what would
be mixed in if you would push up the fader.

> I didn't follow the thread, but I guess envy24ccontrol shouldn't become
> a complete mixer, but a hw control.

I agree. As a mixer it's there to provide zero-latency monitoring.
You don't need much to do that, and the value of mute, solo, panning,
etc. for such use is questionable. Even the meters are almost useless
for that function. They can be used to set gains, but normally you'd
measure the input signals in software anyway.

Ciao,

--
FA
There are three of them, and Alleline.