Re: [LAD] mixer

From: Remon Sijrier <remon@email-addr-hidden-daw.org>
Date: Mon Aug 30 2010 - 15:45:02 EEST

Hi,

> > The mouse is insufficent for ease, speed, and pain free day in day out
> > use, and i ask you to at least consider (or not, as you decide)
> > alternatives such as the one above, to make a difference in the way
> > users commonly interact with this type of software.

I guess I know the "alternatives such as the one above" but it's a guess...

> I more than agree with this. Defining the way a user interacts with a
> large software mixer is 90% of the work of writing one. Common GUI
> methods just don't work for this sort of thing.

Your description doesn't mention the 'alternative' to using the mouse, except
for 'a keyboard shortcut'...

Is it also planned to have qwerty navigation like it is done in Traverso (git)
?
In that case, it would be nice to use the same 'bindings' or make it
configurable so the 2 can match each other.
The user has to learn only 1 set of key bindings then. (note that Traverso key
bindings aren't shortcuts!)

Just my 2 cents.

Remon