Re: [LAD] Mouse/knob interaction

From: Olivier Guilyardi <list@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 16 2010 - 11:52:35 EEST

On 09/15/2010 04:52 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Olivier Guilyardi <list@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> I would quite like to have a look at your knob, but ardour3 r7775 segfaults
>> here, right after clicking on Apply in the New Session dialog. Attached: output
>> and backtrace.
>
> This issue has been fixed as of rev 7780

Confirmed, it works here.

I have now enabled the monitor bus and I can see the widgets. Here is a
screenshot for those who are interested:
http://testing.samalyse.com/lad/widgets/ardour3_monitor.png

It's nice indeed, you have worked on some light effect I see. That said, it's a
little blurred. I've also had that kind of problem with my first Cairo experiments.

Here is my personal selection:
http://testing.samalyse.com/lad/widgets/wheel1.png

I quite like it when it's minimal, not too realistic. It reminds be a bit of the
memory/swap meters in the Gnome System Monitor:
http://testing.samalyse.com/lad/widgets/system_monitor.png

The +/- variant could be nice when the value increases by steps. Those +/-
buttons would be activated by mouse button release, so that it should still be
possible to click and move up/down or in circles.

For the centered label, there could be an option to place it under the knob as
in Juce or Live, if it needs more space. Ideally, when double-clicking the
label, you could edit it in-place, although I'm not quite sure how to achieve this.

What do you all think?

--
  Olivier