[LAD] a treasure trove of information on "Physical Audio Signal Processing"

From: Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 23 2010 - 04:45:03 EEST

Following a wikipedia link on karplus-strong synthesis posted
recently, I found this, which appears to be the online fount of all
knowledge for physical modelling and sound synthesis:
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/pasp/
(with links to examples, code, etc).

> PHYSICAL AUDIO SIGNAL PROCESSING
> FOR VIRTUAL MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS AND AUDIO EFFECTS
> JULIUS O. SMITH III
> Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA)
> Department of Music, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 USA

I figure someone will find this interesting. Plus it's cheaper than
buying the book:

``Physical Audio Signal Processing'', by Julius O. Smith III, W3K
Publishing, 2010, ISBN 978-0-9745607-2-4.
Copyright © 2010-09-08 by Julius O. Smith III
Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA),
Stanford University

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com

PS: Speaking of CCRMA. as seen recently in Linux Journal (
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/10725 ):
"Systems designed for power users tend to be both slick and decadent,
armed to the teeth with the kind of tools that would make most end
users crawl into a straitjacket and whine for their mommies. The
studio distributions, such as PlanetCCRMA and 64 Studio, tend to be
this variety." (i think that's a geek's way of making a compliment).