Re: [LAD] SMC 2011 - Call for papers

From: Lorenzo Sutton <lsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 16 2010 - 17:34:10 EEST

fons@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 03:05:14PM +0200, Adrian Knoth wrote:
>

>> I finally had to ask Wikipedia to find out it's in Italy.

So was this modified *after* the complaint email:

http://smc2011.smcnetwork.org/venue.htm

If so, that was quick ;)

> It's probably better known as Padua, just as Genua and Mantua.
> None of these names is used in Italian - only Padova, Genova
> and Mantova.

But "Padua, Italy" *is* the first result you get in google if you type
in "Padova" (after an ad for "hotels in Padova" of course). I wonder if
although using google in English it changes results based on the
location anyway...

Although I'm not a football fan I think the Genova team is actually
called Genoa.
>> Given the international context of conferences, I encourage announcement
>> writers to include the country when posting a CfP. ;)
>>
> "Conservatorio", "Cesare" and "Pollini" are all very Italian...
> But of course I'm biased !

Yea, "Conservatorio" especially, but I'm biased too.

Lorenzo