Re: [LAD] Musescore "music trainer"?

From: Camilo Polymeris <cpolymeris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 11 2010 - 21:43:41 EET

>> For me, a stand alone pitch detection application would be better :
>>
>> audio in -> pitch detect -> midi out
>>
>> You plug the instrument into the audio in, connect the midi out to any midi in
>> in qjackctl, and it is just to play some melody.
>>
>> Ciao,
>> Dominique
>>

> There is aubionotes (http://aubio.org/aubionotes.html), which claims
> to do exactly what you want. Don't know how well, though. I am trying
> to connect it to PianoBooster, to see if that could be a solution.
> WaoN could also be an option, I'll try that next.
> Eventually, I'd like an integrated app.
>
> Greetings,
> Camilo

Ok. If someone is interested: I can report that aubionotes works quite
well for the samples I tried (brass mostly, all monophonic). WaoN is
similar, maybe even better, but doesn't work realtime, it handles
pre-recorded samples, only.
The interaction with PianoBooster is ok, too. It just doesn't make
much sense, given that PB is really focused on key instruments.
Greetings,
Camilo