Re: [LAD] Xsynth-DSSI experimental hack

From: Jens M Andreasen <jens.andreasen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 29 2010 - 12:52:26 EET

> Now here's the clever bit - I've modified things slightly so that the
> two Tomisawa generators can run at different speeds. So, by offsetting
> the frequencies you get either a deep PWM squarewave or a kind of
> "supersaw"-type sound. By varying the amount of modulation (beta) you
> can determine the "shape" of the waveform.

You could also stick to just modifying the phase of op2 relative to op1.
An envelope could then be used to alter pulsewidth. Normal PWM would
then move back and forth rather than continously move forward - this
could be seen as good or bad depending on perspective. It wouldn't
resemble the raw Polymoog "Vox Humana" wave so much anymore.

--
eins, zwei, drei ... tekno tekno??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEgbW1FxR78