Re: [LAD] Is there a Linux Software Mixer?

From: Rory Filer <rflyer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 30 2010 - 08:18:51 EET

> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 4:39 PM, <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> This could mean two things:
>
> * mixing the outputs of two or more apps driving the same
>  sound card, or

Yes, this is the case. I had already tried that and found that the second
app couldn't open the card because the first one already had it open.

> The first is possible using ALSA's dmix plugin or Jack.

I will look into this along with the other suggestions in posts subsequent
to yours.

> On a modern PC you can do this with hundreds of signals without
> problem, it certainly does not require a DSP chip.

Very reassuring and I am looking forward to understanding how this will
work.

Thank you for your response!

Rory