Re: [LAD] envy24control, resp. it's successor

From: David Santamauro <david.santamauro@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 14 2010 - 16:34:05 EET

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:40:43 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 13:36 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 06:47 -0500, David Santamauro wrote:
> > > Hi Niels,

> > > ...quick question on the "Monitor PCMs" tab: Why are there 2
> > > sliders per PCM out? Shouldn't L/R Gang join channels 1 & 2, 3 &
> > > 4 etc...
> > >
> > > thanks for any insight...
> > >
> > > David
> >
> > I never use the monitor section. Could it be that it's to root the
> > PCMs to the left or the right for the stereo sum, comparable to a
> > mixing console's left/right buttons for the subgroups? Hence L/R
> > Gang will make one PCM monitor mono for the stereo sum.
>
> PS:
>
> Note, there are no pan pots and you not necessarily will have PCM
> monitor 1 to the left and 2 to the right, perhaps 1 should be mono
> and 2 2 to the left, while 3 is to the right position.
>
> Just a shot in the dark.

I think I understand: by looking at the windows mixer app in the delta
1010 documentation, I see that there is one fader, but in addition,
there is a pan slider per channel. I'm going to venture to guess that
having both sliders in envy24control full up, it is the equivalent of
the windows mixer app channel up and pan center -- this seems logical.

* single strips and pan pots/sliders would make this clearer.

David